Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Alec Baldwin Reaffirms He’s Quitting Acting in 2012

(HMG) — Often cranky Alec Baldwin says he has lost interest in acting,  his film career has been “a complete failure” and he’s quitting when his contract with 30 Rock expires in 2012.

Confirming last summer’s Playboy interview, where he also said he’d retire from acting in 2012, Baldwin, 51, has now told Men’s Journal in an interview for its December issue, that “I don’t have any interest in acting anymore,” and considers himself a failure:

I consider my entire movie career a complete failure. The goal of movie-making is to star in a film where your performance drives the film, and the film is either a soaring critical or commercial success, and I never had that.

And, he never re-watches any of his films including one my favorites, The Hunt for Red October:

And now, the movies I’ve been in, I never give them a moment’s thought. Every movie I’ve ever been in, I just avoid.

Let’s see Alec stars on NBC’s 30 Rock, is co-hosting the upcoming Academy Awards and has a new movie coming out with Meryl Streep  called  It’s Complicated, but seems to think his life sucks? Looking at the tone of the entire interview I would swear the man, is clinically depressed. Baldwin tells the magazine, he recently broke off a seven-year relationship with another woman. Yet he claims that he doesn’t mind. “I’d rather be lonely than wrong,” he says. Baldwin also says he’s still haunted by the infamous, leaked voicemail in which he called daughter Ireland a “rude, thoughtless little pig.” “I feel the consequences of that every day,” he laments.

Source

Source: Hot Momma Gossip RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment